Civil War Ammunition Boxes
What better way to camouflage your present day items during an event than to store them in ammunition boxes.
Ammunition boxes were obviously very common in a Civil War encampment. These artillery and cartridge ammunition boxes are designed and made by C&C Sutlery.
Our ammunition boxes are built, painted, and stenciled as close as possible to the specifications in The Ordnance Manual for the Use of Officers of the United States Army (1862) .
However, based upon various research it appears that the wood thickness, stenciling, location of handles, number and type of nails used, and other markings were determined by the arsenal. And often the boxes were unpainted as well.
Our boxes are made of pine and crafted with period cut box nails and non-plated slot head wood screws. Our goal is to provide boxes that are both historically accurate and as well as affordable.
Currently, we have stencils for the following: Allegheny, Camp Floyd (Not an arsenal), Indiana (Not an arsenal), Richmond, Selma, and Watervliet. Others are available upon request.
Important Note: Unfortunately at this time all boxes are unavailable due to we have lose to our family. We do hope to bring them back as soon as we can but it may take a while to find another master wood worker.
Since each box is custom made to your specifications, please allow 3 weeks for delivery.
Additional Shipping charges may be applied due to box size and weight.
Proudly MADE IN USA in the great state of Idaho.
- C&C Sutlery Home
- OVERSTOCK & SALE Items
- Confederate Uniform PACKAGE USA Made
- Union Uniform PACKAGE USA Made
- Leather Accessories PACKAGE
- Confederate Uniform PACKAGE Imported
- Union Uniform PACKAGE Imported
- Confederate Uniforms Imported
- Union Uniforms Imported
- Uniforms of Famous Confederates
- Confederate Frock Coats
- Confederate Great Coats
- CS Officer Shell Jackets
- CS Enlisted Shell Jackets
- Confederate Sack Coats
- Confederate Vests
- Confederate Trousers
- Kepis, Forage Caps & Hats
- Union Great Coats
- Union Frock Coats
- Union Officer Shell Jackets
- Union Enlisted Shell Jackets
- Union Sack Coats
- Union Vests
- Union Trousers
- Civil War Shirts
- Clothing Accessories
- Shoes & Boots
- Belts, Belt Plates & Buckles
- Box Plates & Breast Plates
- Insignia, Chevrons, Medals
- Weapons: Revolvers & Pistols
- Weapons: Muskets, Rifles, Carbines
- Weapons Accessories
- Ammunition Boxes
- Haversacks & Knapsacks
- Personal Items
- Canteens, Tinware & Lanterns
- Camp Accessories & Furniture
- Cavalry Gear & Saddles
- Canvas Tents & Supplies
- Brass & Pewter Buttons
- Civilian Clothing
- Indian War Era
- Cowboy Action Old West Products
- Ladies Clothing Home
- Children's Civil War Clothing
- Games and Toys
- Historical Patterns
- Antiques & Collectibles Home
- Clothing Ordering Instructions
- Order, Ship, Returns Information
- Our Credits: Movies, National Parks, Units & More
- Customer Photos & Testimonials
- Imported Clothing Information
- Special Orders
- References & Links